Haas Candy Factory
14 Mint Plaza
Historic Renovations, Commercial Offices
Fully restored, the Haas Candy Factory features exposed brick walls, steel beams and tall, arched windows.
The Haas Candy Factory is a narrow five-story, brick-clad, reinforced concrete building originally used by George Haas & Sons for manufacturing and packaging candy, chocolates and ice cream. The 1907 building is a well-preserved small-scale industrial manufacturing building, representative of post-fire industrial construction in San Francisco and was the work of noted regional architect, William Curlett. The Haas Candy Factory is significant under National Register Criterion C in the area of Architecture.
In 1999, the building was meticulously renovated as contemporary office space specially designed to allow full-floor occupancy on floors two through five, and features Italian favorite, 54 Mint Ristorante on the ground level. The spaces retain many of their original warehouse features and materials, and highlight contemporary additions, including polished concrete floors, large glass doors and custom lighting.
Historic character with modern interventions.